Saturday, September 26, 2020

The SEO lead at my job wants our online service website hero section to have a 100-word paragraph of keyword text as an SEO strategy. Isn't this crazy or am I in the wrong here?

I may be biased as a designer but I just haven't seen other websites using this strategy in at least 15 years. I know that it's bad design but is it also bad SEO?

The content of the text is not exactly nonsense but it isn't exactly giving the user useful information, it's just the same info worded different ways over and over. Another thing they want to do is use certain words in H2 headers over and over, which I've asked about here in the past.

I'm trying to figure out if my job hired some amateur posing as an SEO expert or if I should just shut up and do what they say.

submitted by /u/aurochs
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/j0ar6e/the_seo_lead_at_my_job_wants_our_online_service/>

No comments:

Post a Comment