Monday, September 28, 2020

Fairly beginner workflow for free tools & trials

My wife and I run a small shopify website and I’ve started doing improvements for seo now that the site is generally functional for a while.

I’ve been using so far:

  1. Chase Reiner paid SEO template, I’ve been working through this but the in-depth videos assume we have pro versions of the key seo industry tools. I’ll probably buy a year sub of screamingfrog because I’ve found it really useful when I was changing my link URLs but won’t keep it indefinitely

  2. ongoing free semrush account to track the keywords for our “top 10” keywords list related to 6-7 key products from our catalog along with other free-level tools they offer like the pagecount limited site audit

  3. lifetime Ubersuggest since it’s the only one I found that wasn’t unaffordable ongoing monthly fee and will use this to track 150 keywords rankings long term, and use the site audit tool ongoing.

The next step on my radar is to make the most of a chain of tool trials with a few goals in mind:

  • Determine the 10 “best” keywords for me to track ongoing in the SEMrush free account after the trial
  • End up with a list of the best 150 keywords in each tool’s opinion to track ongoing in Ubersuggest. My plan is to follow the Chase Reiner paid template process for this during a trial of these tools.
  • Use the various writing tools to improve the writing of our top targeted product pages, like the SEMrush “writing assistant”
  • Gather useful data exports before trial ends: keyword exports including “magic keyword” queries from semrush, keyword lists including the metrics, site audit reports.

Monthly Ahrefs and semrush are certainly outside our ongoing budget so I want to make sure I take away as much key actionable data as possible to continue working with on our other tools we WILL have ongoing.

My thoughts are to start with ahrefs 7d trial since it’s the shortest and then take the exports to semrush (30d) for further processing as well as using their tools to generate another dataset. Moz also has a 30d but I’m not really familiar with their offering so far. Is this a pretty solid sequence, and are there any tool-specific reports I might kick myself for not having after a trial ends, or during months in the future I might pay for a single-month membership?

submitted by /u/chad917
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/j1ahh7/fairly_beginner_workflow_for_free_tools_trials/>

No comments:

Post a Comment