Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Sitemap hasn't been read in over 2 years - how to fix?

Hey everyone, ran into an issue I'm stumped on. New client is a large US company. Reviewing their GSC a few weeks ago I noticed their XML sitemap has a "Last Read" date of Sep 1, 2018. I've submitted the sitemap a few times already, and the "Last Submitted" date updates accordingly, but the Last Read date does not. I've even deleted the sitemap entirely and re-submitted and the error is still showing.

The # of URLs indicated in the sitemap is also incorrect (off by about 50%), so I'm fairly positive Google is indeed not reading their sitemap. Anyone run into this before and know of any workarounds?

submitted by /u/Ken_Field
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/j2ld11/sitemap_hasnt_been_read_in_over_2_years_how_to_fix/>

No comments:

Post a Comment