Wednesday, December 30, 2020

All of my blog posts are "Alternate page with proper canonical tag" in Search Console

Hi!

I have written daily blog posts (about 20 posts) to my blog and just noticed that mostly all of them are marked as "Alternate page with proper canonical tag" In Search Console and Google has excluded them. I have only two pages marked as "Valid" in SC.

I didn't quite understand the explanation "Google didn’t index this page because it has a canonical tag pointing to a different URL.". I have used tags on my blog posts, so is that the problem?

Could this be some sort of conflict in Wordpress plugins? I am using Yoast SEO. It has setting that enable showing categories and tags in search results. Should I disable those?

Any hints on how I can fix this?

submitted by /u/cuiet
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/kn2nbp/all_of_my_blog_posts_are_alternate_page_with/>

No comments:

Post a Comment