Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Moving some of the articles from SITE A to SITE B and implementing 301 redirect -- SEO Effect

Hi there,

(I've also posted this on r/bigSEO, and I'm hoping to get some advice)

I hope y'all are doing great. So, I recently purchased an expired domain (let's call it "site B"). This domain has great backlinks and it is in the same niche as the other website that I own (let's call it "site A").

Now, site A has some great content which I think would perform better on site B. And I want to delete this content from site A and publish it on site B and then implement 301 redirects.

My question is: can I move some of the articles from site A to site B and implement 301 redirects? If I do that, will it impact the sites negatively? I want both the sites to have a separate identity, but I also don't want to lose any link juice.

I'm confused because 301 redirects mean a permanent move. Is it normal for sites to permanently move some of their content to the new URLs?

I'm not sure how Google will handle this. If I was moving all the articles to site B, then it would have been simple. Because in that case, we would be telling Google that we're moving permanently from here. But since this will only be a couple of URLs, how do you think it would pan out?

And do you think it's a good idea?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks

submitted by /u/SuchHippo
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/kmt9jh/moving_some_of_the_articles_from_site_a_to_site_b/>

No comments:

Post a Comment