Monday, December 28, 2020

ecomm SEO + categories?

I'm helping a friend optimize her ecomm site but ecomm isn't something I'm terribly familiar with (I do more content SEO), so I wanted to get some input before I make any suggestions to her. As an FYI, she sells candles, diffusers and soap.

The part I'm stuck at is her category pages. Let's take candles, for example. Right now, her category URL to view all of her candles is www[dot]herwebsite[dot]com/shop?category=Candles. This is the link she uses in the nav bar to link to her candles.

Would you change that to something like www[dot]herwebsite[dot]com/shop/candles, or is the first URL fine for SEO purposes?

Edit: had to add [dot] in order to post my question, the above URL is just an example and isn't her actual website..

submitted by /u/dj399
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/km4kca/ecomm_seo_categories/>

No comments:

Post a Comment