Thursday, December 31, 2020

Is this a matter of competing keywords? What can i do retake my #1 and #2 positions?

Hello all, i wish you a happy new year!

TL;DR: I share lecture notes for university students and i use the same keyword for every post a have about a lecture. I have 8-10 post with "general pyhsics lecture notes" because they are what they are, general pyhsics lecture notes. Is this a very bad strategy and what can i do instead?

I have a website that i share lecture notes for a specific area. Let's say it's engineering. I use categories and divide the notes by semester and lecture. So the lecture notes page for General Pyhsics looks like this: ... com/semester-1/general-pyhsics-lecture-notes

I post every general pyhsics lecture note under this page and since they are all general physics lecture notes, i use the same keyword for every general pyhsics lecture note i post. Every post is a lecture note, every lecture note for the same lecture has the same keyword.

Before last google update everything was fine and i ranked #1 or #2 for all my keywords. Now even though i haven't changed the system i share notes, i am struggling to rank. The competition in my area is not high and some very shitty sites rank before me, even though they haven't been active lately.

I don't have too much knowledge about this part of SEO, but i thought of something: instead of having "general pyhsics lecture notes" keyword for every lecture note i have, i am thinking of preparing a single page for every keyword, than share the actual lecture notes with other, plausible long-tail keywords. So "general pyhsics lecture notes" keyword would lead the visitors to a single page, a "homepage" for that particular lecture and they can find the list of lecture notes on that page.

What say you? I know competing pages for a keyword is bad, but is it this bad? What are my options in a case like mine, where i have to have posts with same keywords?

Thank you all!

submitted by /u/barbarossinan
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/ko78ib/is_this_a_matter_of_competing_keywords_what_can_i/>

No comments:

Post a Comment