Wednesday, December 30, 2020

I some help understanding backlinks...

I mean, I know what backlinks are. I have been doing this for over 10 years. I just don't get them!

Say you build a new website - no one will know you right? You won't rank in Google because you don't have a strong enough backlink profile. But you need people to naturally link to because of your 'great quality' articles. How will this happen unless by some miracle your post about grandmas cookies go viral on social.

Sure you can buy backlinks or you can hunt them out searching for 'best cookie recipe blogs" link exchange or some such nonsense in the hope you may (or may not) get a backlink.

This is hardly natural is it?

Am I missing something? Does Google have us in a chicken and egg situation? Should we be buying backlinks?

Will people naturally link to by post about cookies made from yesterdays pizza?

What's the deal?

submitted by /u/theworldsaplayground
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/kn045a/i_some_help_understanding_backlinks/>

No comments:

Post a Comment