Monday, December 28, 2020

Effect on SEO: Want to move content (blog posts) only to new WP installation with a new theme and new plugins

Another migration question, but a bit different.

The only thing I want to migrate is my content and schema, structured data, meta data, urls etc so I can maintain my SEO presence.

I want to completely redo the theme from the ground up and use a new plugin stack. I was previously using a bunch of crappy free plugins but now will use Astra Pro.

So basically I'm starting a new site but using the same content.

Can I just start a separate WP installation from scratch. Build a theme. Then copy paste over the content (essentially making new content) and then remove the domain from the old wp and assign it to the new wp? And then keep the url structure?

Or will that destroy my SEO?

submitted by /u/EconomicGamer
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/km55gp/effect_on_seo_want_to_move_content_blog_posts/>

No comments:

Post a Comment