Saturday, January 5, 2019

Issue with Google Site links/Search Console using extremely old links.

Hi everyone, Long time lurker, first time poster here. Just want to say thank you for everyone here as I have learned an incredible amount of valuable info from all of you.

I'm having an issue with the our search results on google, specifically the sitelinks that are displayed. Whenever I google our business name, the site links displayed underneath are the worst possible pages for our customers to see.

Google mostly displays old links that have been deleted months ago, resulting in a 404 error to whoever clicks it, which is exactly what I don't want our clients seeing as it makes us look like we dont have our shit together.

I have resubmitted my sitemaps after making sure that these pages don't exist anymore, however search console still believes that these links exist. I have removed link after link on search console, but somehow google keeps finding old links that no longer exist, and displays them (on both search results and search console).

Is there something I'm missing? I would very much appreciate any help that has been offered, and If I can provide any more information, please let me know.

Thank you

submitted by /u/Smashingdickfucks
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/ad1jc0/issue_with_google_site_linkssearch_console_using/>

No comments:

Post a Comment